- Letterpress Proofing Press – $675
- Bookbinding Plough – $220
- Book Press – $60
- Finishing Press – $210
- Lying Press – $142
- Sewing Punching Cradle – $42
- Deluxe Sewing Frame – $80
- Simple Sewing Frame – $47
- Combination Book Press and Sewing Frame – $91
- Brass Edged Press Boards – $60
- Backing Irons – $80
- Tying Up Finishing Press – $290
- Tying Up Boards – $110
- Mini Punch Cradle – $35
- Miniature Book Press – $33
- Paper Making Press – $295
- Lead Weighted Press Board – $39
- Cantilever Sewing Frame – $80
- Contact Me
Combination Book Press and Sewing Frame – $91
This product is a combination book press and sewing frame in one. It is made of cabinet grade plywood and covered with a waterproof high pressure plastic laminate covering (often used on counter tops in kitchens and doctor’s offices).
The laminate makes the surfaces easy to clean and it doesn’t warp or become rough from moisture. It also provides a flat strong surface that will not telegraph wood grain onto your covers–a common problem with book presses made from solid wood or plywood. Edges are sanded and sealed with paste wax for a silky smooth and professional finish.
As a book press the inside dimensions are:
- 9 3/4″ from the groove to the back
- 13-1/4″” side to side between bolts
- 5″ daylight
The bolts are 3/8″ with wing nuts. The upper platen includes copper bushings providing smooth up and down motion. This section can also be stood on it’s back and used as a backing press.
Springs are provided to keep the upper platten up so that you do not have to hold it while positioning the item to be pressed. Two acrylic rods are also provided to make the hinge groove.
As a sewing frame (without the upper platen) the dimensions are:
- Inside height of approximately 11″ which is adjustable
- Slot is 1/2″ wide x 12-1/4″ long
- 13-1/4″ between the bolts
Simple keys are included to help you get started.
Larger and smaller sizes are available upon request. Tell me what you need on the contact form..
Purchase this Combination Book Press and Sewing Frame
This combination sewing frame and book press and my other products are available for purchase on eBay. If you don’t see the combination book press and sewing frame on eBay, or would like your own customized version, let me know through the contact page and I’ll help you however I can.
Please Note: The color of the laminate on the press you receive will be different than the picture. To keep these presses as affordable as possible, I use excess pieces of laminate from my cabinet and counter top business. Wood grain is the most common pattern.